Submit Documents for Extension Request

To extend your program of study, you will need an updated Form I-20 “Certificate of Eligibility for F-1 Student Status.”  UCEDA International is authorized under federal law to issue the Form I-20 only after we review and evaluate your academic eligibility and evidence of financial responsibility.


Upload Supporting Documents

The financial documents that you provide must support the extended period of study. You must show evidence that you have enough funding to live and study for the duration of your program of study.

Please submit all supporting documents by the 20th of the month (10 days before your program end date).

    (full name)

    (on your Form I-20)

    * (here)

    * (from payment of Extension Request Fee)

    - Bank Statement in your name

    - Sponsor's Affidavit of Cash Support (here)

    - Bank Statement in sponsor's name

    - Sponsor's Affidavit of Room and Board (here)

    - Copy of lease, deed, rent receipts, or utility bill

    Did you take these prerequisite steps?

    1. Submit Extension Request Form

    2. Pay the Extension Request Fee $100

    3. Consult with your Academic Advisor to confirm your eligibility


    After the Program Completion Date on a student’s Form I-20, the student’s SEVIS record will auto complete within 60 days, unless a program extension is requested. An F-1 student currently maintaining legal status and attending classes as scheduled, but unable to complete the course of study by his/her Program Completion Date, is eligible to apply for program extension if the delay is supported by compelling academic or medical reasons. Delays caused by academic probation or suspension are not acceptable reasons for program extension. Any program extension requests must be made in advance, 30 days prior to the current Program End Date listed. A student seeking program extension after the Program End Date is considered out of status and must file for reinstatement with USCIS.

    How Much Do I Need?

    If you pay for rent, food, and tuition, then the minimum available balance must be no less than…

    3 months:      $5,000

    6 months:    $10,000

    9 months:    $15,000

    12 months:  $20,000

    If you have free room and board, then the minimum available balance must be no less than…

    3 months:      $3,500

    6 months:      $7,000

    9 months:    $12,000

    12 months:  $13,000

    If you have dependents with you (spouse or children), your available balance must show an extra $6,000 USD per person per year.

    Program extension requests will be subject to review and approval by school administrators and academic advisement personnel in accordance with school policies and regulations.